Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

ZATOICHI: The Blind Samurai

ZOMG!

Probably the best movie ever made.



So this all started on Presidents Day. I went to Subway to eat lunch with my friends, Kate and Katherine. Then we decided to walk all around Green Hills and so we visited Blockbuster which is closing...T.T. There were barely any DVD's left! and everything was on sale for $1! I ended up buying everything that was left in the foreign movies section~ and one of those movies was ZATOICHI.

There wasn't a cover or anything to tell me what this movie is or could be about except for the title - ZATOICHI: Blind Swordsman, The 2003-subtitled-2 Disc. Since it was a dollar I just bought it and tonight I decided to watch it with my mother. We put it in and from the start I thought it was going to be a horrible, cheesy, old-fashioned movie about an old blind samurai. BUT NO!!! It was a 10000000000 times better than that!! It was a little bloody but there was also comedy relief!! ^^ It was just wonderfully made. By the end of the movie I was SO content~ hahahaha! Probably my favorite movie right now~ 

The main actor is also the director of this movie. His name is Takeshi Kitano.
His life is SO interesting. It seems that destiny played a lot in his life~ 
read his Wiki article: CLICK

This is the trailer of the movie: (crap quality-couldn't find anything better)


You can watch it online HERE
or on YOUTUBE

There is this actor who dresses as a Geisha in the movie and he actually does specialize in traditional Japanese dance- and he is a man!
I was very surprised because he is so pretty... haha
I looked him up on google and one of the websites that mentioned him said that it's illegal to have pictures of him without make-up! But he is super talented and very graceful!
 His name is:

TACHIBANA DAIGORO



The one on the right
then I found some of his performances on Youtube:




isn't he brilliant? I think he is~ :P


enjoy!~ ^^

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Daigoro~ The kid version of the Geisha is his best friend.

    There is a community dedicated to him: http://yoen7henge.livejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA! Thanks for the info and the link! :D

    ReplyDelete